Papers, publications, presentations
- Della Mea V, Demichelis F, Viel F, Dalla Palma P, Beltrami CA. User attitudes in analysing digital slides in a quality control test bed: a preliminary study. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 2006; 82(2):177-86. (PubMed )
- Della Mea V, Bortolotti N, Viel F, Beltrami CA. The eSlide Suite: an open source approach to digital slides. In: Proceedings of 8th European Congress on Telepathology and 2nd International Congress on Virtual Microscopy, Budapest (Hungary), July 2006
- Della Mea V, Bortolotti N, Zanier L, Beltrami CA. Quality control of Cervical Screening in the Region Friuli - Venezia Giulia, Italy. In: Proceedings of 8th European Congress on Telepathology and 2nd International Congress on Virtual Microscopy, Budapest (Hungary), July 2006
- Della Mea V, Viel F, Beltrami CA. A pixel-based autofocusing technique for digital histologic and cytologic slides. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics 2005; 29(5): 333-341. (PubMed)
- Della Mea V, Demichelis F, Viel F, Bortolotti N, Zanier L, Dalla Palma P, Beltrami CA. Applicazioni del vetrino digitale al controllo di qualita' in citologia. XLIII Congresso Annuale AICA, pp. 332 - 339, Udine, 2005
- Della Mea V, Beltrami CA. Archivi di casi di riferimento per la patologia dei trapianti. In: Ottavo Convegno Italiano di Telepatologia, Dec. 2004, Roma.
- Viel F, Della Mea V, Demichelis F, Santi J, Dalla Palma P, Beltrami CA. Diagnostic Agreement and Usability Issues for a Web-based Proficiency Testing System in Cervical Screening. In: Proc. of 8th World Congress on the Internet in Medicine (Mednet2003), geneva (Switzerland), Dec. 2003 (HTML)
- Della Mea V, Brauchli K, Demichelis F. A RDF-based proposal for digital pathology cases on the Semantic Web.
In: Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on the Internet in Medicine,
Amsterdam, December 2002; Technology and Health Care 10(6),
- Demichelis F, Della Mea V, Forti S, Dalla Palma P, Beltrami CA.
Digital storage of glass slides for quality assurance in histopathology
and cytopathology. J Telemed Telecare. 2002;8(3):138-42. Review. (abstract)
- Della Mea V, Beltrami CA. Numeri, dispositivi e standard per il vetrino digitale. In: Sesto Convegno Italiano di Telepatologia, Nov. 2002, Genova.
- Della Mea V, Roberto V, Beltrami CA. Visualization issues in
Telepathology: the Role of the Internet Imaging protocol. In:
Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information
Visualization (IV2001), London, July 2001, IEEE Computer Society, 2001.
- Della Mea V, Demichelis F, Roberto V. Digital storage of pathology
slides on the Internet: techniques and issues. In: Proceedings of the
6th World Congress On the Internet in Medicine (MEDNET2001), Udine,
Italy, November 2001; Technology and Healthcare 2001; 9(6): 533-4. (HTML)
Lost in time: we developed a rough sort of digital slide since 1993, for taking pictures of larger-than-a-field structures (like breast ducts, to be processed for morphometry) or complete specimens, though at a low-power magnification (e.g., transplanted hearts blocks, to examine tissue fractions). The software was developed on a Kontron IBAS2000 system. I Also developed a generic tool aimed at doing linear measures on specimens, which included a matrix-based acquisition of low power images, mainly used to calculate the depth of melanomas. The source code of MEASTOOL (the only one I was able to quickly retrieve from old supports) is here, for the software archeologist.
- Beltrami CA, Della Mea V, Finato N. Structure analysis of breast lesions using neighborhood graphs. Anal Quant Cytol Histol 1995; 17(2):143-150. Received: Apr 18, 1994; Accepted: Nov 21, 1994. (Pubmed)
From the above paper, the following citation:
(...) The images were acquired with a color video camera connected to a motorized microscope and automatically pasted to form a single image of the duct.